After an absence of two decades, United Airlines is once again operating between Boston (BOS) and London Heathrow (LHR). The flight UA24 took off on April 14 at 23:11 from Logan Airport and landed at 10:37 at Heathrow Airport the following day.
This new route will be United’s only transatlantic point-to-point service across its network, and the Chicago-based carrier plans to offer up to twenty-two daily flights to the British capital with 63,868 seats per week during the 2022 summer season. London Heathrow (LHR) is the top European destination in the company’s entire network.
- Boston – London Heathrow Flight UA24 BOS 23:00 – LHR 10:35+1
- London Heathrow – Boston Flight UA25 LHR 18:00 – BOS 20:40
United will offer daily flights on this route and will be operated on 167-seat Boeing 767-300ER High J aircraft in four classes: 46 Polaris Business Class, 22 Premium Plus, 43 Economy Plus and 56 Economy.
According to data obtained by Aviacionline through Civil Aviation Authority UK (CAA) in 2019, London Heathrow (LHR) was Boston’s (BOS) main long-haul destination as 970,239 passengers used the connection. For the 2022 summer season, six airlines will be operating this route: United will compete with British Airways, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Virgin Atlantic and JetBlue.
Thrilled to have been present last night at the launch of @united Airlines’ new direct flight from Boston to London, United’s most-booked destination for international business travel from the US. I’m delighted at the boost this new daily route will provide! 🇬🇧 🇺🇸 ✈️ pic.twitter.com/6CfQFLoUeG
— Peter Abbott OBE (@FCDOPeterAbbott) April 15, 2022
By the boreal summer of 2022, United will become the leading carrier in the transatlantic market with 316,352 seats per week on offer, exceeding a 20% increase when compared with the same period in 2019.
United’s schedule at London Heathrow for summer 2022.
- Boston (BOS) daily Boeing 767-300ER High J flights.
- Denver (LHR) two daily flights on Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner.
- Newark (EWR) seven daily Boeing 767-300ER High J flights.
- Washington Dulles (IAD) three daily flights on Boeing 757-200/767-300ER High J/777-200ER.
- Houston – Intercontinental (IAH) two daily flights on Boeing 777-200ER and 787-9 Dreamliner.
- Los Angeles (LAX) daily flights on Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner.
- Chicago O’Hare (ORD) three daily flights on Boeing 767-300ER High J.
- San Francisco (SFO) three daily flights on Boeing 777-200ER and 787-9 Dreamliner.