The Colombian market has become a magnet for new routes and frequencies in recent months, as reflected by JetSMART when announcing a progressive increase in frequencies to the destinations it flies in Colombia.
In the process, the company will start operating with these frequencies in the following months:
- From Antofagasta to Santiago de Cali and vice versa; a weekly flight (Tuesday).
- From Santiago de Chile to Bogotá and vice versa; two (2) weekly flights (Tuesday and Saturday).
- From Santiago de Chile to Cali; three (3) weekly flights (Monday, Wednesday, Friday).
April to June
- From Antofagasta to Cali and vice versa; a weekly flight (Tuesday).
- From Santiago de Chile to Bogotá and vice versa; four (4) weekly flights (Monday, Tuesday, Thrusday and Saturday).
- From Santiago de Chile to Cali; four (4) weekly flights (Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday).
July to December
- From Antofagasta to Cali and vice versa; two weekly flights (Tuesday and Saturday).
- From Santiago de Chile to Bogotá and vice versa; a daily flight.
- From Santiago de Chile to Cali and vice versa; five (5) weekly flights (Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday).
- From Santiago de Chile to Medellín (Cordova) and vice versa; two (2) weekly flights (Wednesday and Saturday), starts on July 7.
“Since we arrived in Colombia at the end of 2019, our commitment to increase our market share and provide greater international connectivity to Colombians remains firm. Thus, today we add to the launch of the route that connects Santiago with Medellín for the first time, the increase in frequencies on our routes with Colombia» commented the CEO of JetSMART, Estuardo Ortiz.
«In the current context, there are thousands of people who have been able to reunite with their families after months of closed borders and we are convinced that this will be a support in that direction and that we will be able to continue increasing connectivity gradually under the strictest hygiene and biosafety protocols» he added.
The increase in supply occurs while SKY Airline temporarily suspended its flights to Colombia. Therefore, the difference in the weekly frequencies of both countries will not be noticed, although there will be one player less.
For Indigo Partners ULCC it will mean an increase of 269.69% between the first quarter and the second quarter of 2021 (ASK), remaining at the same levels as its current competitors, Avianca and LATAM.
The market between Chile and Colombia has experienced great growth in recent years, being among the most important in the region, occupations remained around 80% despite the increase in the supply of seats.
Now, with the impact of the pandemic on the international sector, Colombia has become an attractive market for several companies because it presents stable sanitary restrictions and more trustworthy for the passenger.
JetSMART targets ethnic trafficking and V.F.R (Visiting Friends & Relatives) and tourist traffic, favored by Colombia’s flexible health policy.
The ULCC, in addition to Colombia, has flights from Santiago de Chile to Arequipa, Peru (two weekly flights); Lima, Peru (five weekly flights); Trujillo, Peru (three weekly flights); Buenos Aires, Argentina (five weekly flights) and Foz do Iguacu, Brazil (two weekly flights), which will be retaken in July.
The airline has eleven Airbus A320ceo and seven Airbus A320neo, it also has an order for 48 Airbus A320neo, fourteen Airbus A321neo and twelve Airbus A321XLR.