Flair Airlines, Canada’s only low-cost carrier, continues to expand its focus on in-demand summer sun and beach destinations and announced the launch of flights to Mexico via Ontario, British Columbia, and Alberta.
«Starting in February, Canadians will enjoy sunny, affordable winter getaways to Cancun and Los Cabos without spending a lot of money,» said Garth Lund, Flair’s Chief Commercial Officer.
Mexico will be the second country where the airline will fly, Mexican beaches are very popular for Canadian tourists during the northern winter season, so taking advantage of the strong demand the airline will start flights to Cancun (CUN) and Los Cabos (SJD).
- Vancouver (YVR) – Los Cabos (SJD) twice-weekly flights on Tuesdays and Saturdays starting February 1, 2022.
Data obtained by Aviacionline through the Mexican Ministry of Communications and Transportation (SCT) indicates that in 2019, 105,673 passengers were mobilized between Los Cabos (SJD) and Vancouver (YVR, being the fourth busiest destination from British Columbia’s main airport to Mexico.
- Abbotsford (YXX) – Los Cabos (SJD) – twice-weekly flights on Wednesdays and Saturdays starting February 2, 2022.
- Edmonton (YEG) – Los Cabos (SJD) – twice weekly on Wednesdays and Saturdays beginning February 2, 2022.
- Ottawa (YOW) – Cancun (CUN) – twice weekly on Wednesdays and Saturdays beginning February 2, 2022.
- Kitchener-Waterloo – Cancun (CUN) – twice-weekly flights on Wednesdays and Sundays beginning February 2, 2022.
Flights will be operated by Boeing 737 aircraft and promotional fares start at $129 CAD each way. Flair will now compete against Air Canada Rouge, WestJet, Air Transat, and Swoop in the Mexico vacation route market.
«We are thrilled to see Flair adding a new route out of YVR. Flair’s new flight offering to Los Cabos in Mexico offers another great option to escape the West Coast winter,» said Russel Atkison, YVR’s Director of Air Service Development.