Responsible for designing , developing and testing Embedded Software (Firmware), platforms and systems that control and runs on devices that need to be tailored to the needs of the hardware that it has to control and run on (i.e. directly controls the real time functions of a physical device such as motors, alternators, engines, valves, fans, and other devices and products). Typically requires a deep understanding of the characteristics of the physical device being controlled, the realtime functions it is expected to perform and the ability to design, develop, implement, and test the logic and software required to realize the realtime functionality. Usually tailored for products and services across various P&Ls. Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team. Executes standard operational/technical tasks typically subject to instructions and work routines. There is latitude to rearrange the sequence to complete task/duties based on changing work situations.
The Platforms (Computing, Networking & Mission Systems) team on its effort to develop safety-critical systems within a highly integrated team environment is seeking for a Software Engineer with a great passion to design and implement and test software contributing to the development of the Platform Systems for the tomorrow’s Airborne Industry.
In this role you will be responsible for the design, programming and testing of embedded software for safety-critical systems within an integrated team environment. You will demonstrate independence & technical judgment to execute on assignments, identifying problems & formulate solutions.
- Derive software high level requirements into preliminary and detailed designs.
- Develop software designs by using the UML or other formal methods.
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects adhering to business standards, practices, procedures and product / program requirements
- Perform autonomously and provide support to personnel in the assigned project
- Interface with hardware design and development.
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program review
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita jobs.gecareers.com.